What's Mid-City District like?
If you're looking for the perfect area to explore, why not visit Mid-City District? Take time to see places such as Fair Grounds Race Course and Louis Armstrong Park while you're here. There's plenty more to see, including Frenchmen Street and Mahalia Jackson Theater.
How to get to Mid-City District
Mid-City District is located 1.7 mi (2.7 km) from the heart of New Orleans.
- New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 10.4 mi (16.7 km) from Mid-City District
Things to see and do in and around Mid-City District
What to see in Mid-City District
- Louis Armstrong Park
- Xavier University of New Orleans
- Frenchmen Street
- Saint Louis Cemetery #2
- LSU Health Sciences Center
Things to do in Mid-City District
- Fair Grounds Race Course
- Mahalia Jackson Theater
- Le Musée de FPC
- Louisiana Museum of African American History
- Backstreet Cultural Museum
Other popular Mid-City District attractions
- Saint Joseph Church
- Saint Augustine Church
- Congo Square
When is the best time to visit New Orleans?