What's Jefferson like?
If you want to find the perfect part of town to visit, consider Jefferson. Take time to see the sights such as Mississippi River while you're here. Popular sights worth seeing in the larger area include Mercedes-Benz Superdome and Canal Street.
How to get to Jefferson
Jefferson is located 5 mi (8 km) from the heart of New Orleans.
- New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 6.4 mi (10.3 km) from Jefferson
Things to see and do in and around Jefferson
Things to see near Jefferson:
- Mississippi River (664.5 mi/1,069.3 km away)
- Mercedes-Benz Superdome (4.4 mi/7.1 km away)
- Tulane University (2.6 mi/4.3 km away)
- Xavier University of New Orleans (2.7 mi/4.4 km away)
- Loyola University New Orleans (2.9 mi/4.6 km away)
Things to do near Jefferson:
- Lakeside Shopping Center (2.7 mi/4.4 km away)
- Audubon Zoo (3.3 mi/5.3 km away)
- New Orleans Museum of Art (3.9 mi/6.2 km away)
- Fair Grounds Race Course (4.5 mi/7.2 km away)
- Saenger Theatre (4.9 mi/7.8 km away)
When is the best time to visit New Orleans?
- Hottest months: July, August, June, September (average 28°C)
- Coldest months: January, December, February, November (average 14°C)
- Rainiest months: June, July, August, May (average 175 mm of rainfall)