What's Islamic Cairo like?
If you want to find the perfect part of the city to explore, why not consider Islamic Cairo? Take time to see places such as Khan el-Khalili and Qalawun Complex while you're here. Popular sights worth seeing in the larger area include Egyptian Museum and Great Sphinx of Giza.
How to get to Islamic Cairo
Islamic Cairo is located 1.6 mi (2.5 km) from the heart of Cairo.
- Cairo (CAI-Cairo Intl.), 9.4 mi (15.1 km) from Islamic Cairo
- Giza (SPX-Sphinx Intl.), 22.7 mi (36.6 km) from Islamic Cairo
Things to see and do in and around Islamic Cairo
What to see in Islamic Cairo
- Al-Azhar University
- Qalawun Complex
- Midan Hussein Mosque
Things to do near Islamic Cairo:
- Khan el-Khalili (0.1 mi/0.1 km away)
- Egyptian Museum (1.7 mi/2.7 km away)
- Cairo Opera House (2.3 mi/3.6 km away)
- Museum of Islamic Art (0.6 mi/1 km away)
- Giza Zoo (3.1 mi/4.9 km away)
When is the best time to visit Cairo?
- Hottest months: July, August, June, May (average 27°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, December, March (average 15°C)
- Rainiest months: January, February, March, April (average 0 mm of rainfall)