What's Shangri-La like?
While in Shangri-La, you can spend time at the temples. Learn about local heritage at landmarks such as Ganden Sumtseling Monastery and Dukezong Ancient Town. There's plenty more to see, including Guishan Park and Songzanlin Scenic Area.
How to get to Shangri-La
Shangri-La is located 9.3 mi (15 km) from the heart of Deqin.
- Gyalthang (DIG-Diqing), 11.4 mi (18.4 km) from Shangri-La
Things to see and do in and around Shangri-La
What to see in Shangri-La
- Ganden Sumtseling Monastery
- Guishan Park
- Dukezong Ancient Town
- Pudacuo National Park
- Yila Grassland of Napa Lake
Things to do in Shangri-La
- Songzanlin Scenic Area
- Diqing Museum
- Shangri-La Tibetan Folk Custom Museum
When is the best time to visit Deqin?
- Hottest months: July, June, August, September (average 12°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, December, March (average 0°C)
- Rainiest months: August, July, September, June (average 159 mm of rainfall)