The location itself was great – short ride to Malioboro, the hotel had a very resorty look to it, calm, surrounded by trees and plants – but the room was very small, very basic and on the 1st or 2nd floor. Few observations:
• Looked like a new construction – people are still working in diff areas – cutting trees, maintenance etc; no lights in and around the pool area; menu is not very elaborate; plug points hanging out inside the room.
• Not many people speak English – so, it’s harder to explain and be understood.
• Although I had already paid for the standard room, the hotel staff was very flexible. They allowed me to tour the other available types of room and even upgraded us to a deluxe room at no extra cost! Kudos to that.
• Restaurant menu is very moderately priced. One of the very few places where beer is available!
• Very basic continental breakfast plus white rice and local dishes – loved it!
• Pedal or motorcycle rickshaws available right outside the hotel for nearby locations
• Beware of mosquitos and other creepy crawlies in the bathroom, in the patio/in the property etc.
• The most annoying thing for me was the shower! When you open the shower handle, there would be a HUGE flame inside the shower unit, heating the water instantly and delivering it instantly in 1 flow. So, this had to be repeated several times during shower, with intermittent cold water showers.