What's Miramar like?
In Miramar, you can easily get to the beach. Take time to see the sights such as The Weta Cave while you're here. ASB Sports Centre and Mount Victoria Lookout are two places to visit nearby.
How to get to Miramar
Miramar is located 2.9 mi (4.6 km) from the heart of Wellington.
- Wellington (WLG-Wellington Intl.), 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from Miramar
- Paraparaumu (PPQ), 29.9 mi (48.1 km) from Miramar
Things to see and do in and around Miramar
Things to see near Miramar:
- ASB Sports Centre (1 mi/1.5 km away)
- Mount Victoria Lookout (1.7 mi/2.8 km away)
- Newtown Park (1.9 mi/3.1 km away)
- Oriental Bay Beach (2 mi/3.3 km away)
- Basin Reserve (2.2 mi/3.5 km away)
Things to do near Miramar:
- The Weta Cave (0.6 mi/0.9 km away)
- Wellington Zoo (1.9 mi/3 km away)
- Oriental Parade (2 mi/3.2 km away)
- St James Theatre (2.4 mi/3.9 km away)
- Te Papa (2.5 mi/4 km away)
When is the best time to visit Wellington?
- Hottest months: February, January, March, December (average 17°C)
- Coldest months: July, August, September, June (average 11°C)
- Rainiest months: June, July, August, December (average 96 mm of rainfall)