What's Mid-City like?
If you want to find the perfect area to explore, consider Mid-City. Mercedes-Benz Superdome and Canal Street are a couple of the top places in the larger area worth a visit. Popular sights worth seeing in the larger area include Bourbon Street and Port of New Orleans.
How to get to Mid-City
Mid-City is located 2.2 mi (3.5 km) from the heart of New Orleans.
- New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 9.5 mi (15.4 km) from Mid-City
Things to see and do in and around Mid-City
Things to see near Mid-City:
- Mercedes-Benz Superdome (1.8 mi/2.8 km away)
- Bourbon Street (2.2 mi/3.6 km away)
- Port of New Orleans (3.3 mi/5.3 km away)
- Tulane University (2.4 mi/3.9 km away)
- Ernest N. Morial Convention Center (3 mi/4.9 km away)
Things to do near Mid-City:
- Canal Street (2.1 mi/3.4 km away)
- Harrah's New Orleans Casino (2.5 mi/4 km away)
- National World War II Museum (2.6 mi/4.2 km away)
- New Orleans Museum of Art (1.1 mi/1.8 km away)
- Fair Grounds Race Course (1.4 mi/2.2 km away)
When is the best time to visit New Orleans?
- Hottest months: July, August, June, September (average 28°C)
- Coldest months: January, December, February, November (average 14°C)
- Rainiest months: June, July, August, May (average 175 mm of rainfall)