What's Wellington Waterfront like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about Wellington Waterfront, especially its restaurants and art scene. Travellers like this walkable neighbourhood for its museums. Take in some culture at Te Papa and Museum of Wellington City and Sea. There's plenty more to see, including TSB Bank Arena and Tākina Wellington Convention and Exhibition Centre.
How to get to Wellington Waterfront
- Wellington (WLG-Wellington Intl.), 3.3 mi (5.2 km) from Wellington Waterfront
- Paraparaumu (PPQ), 28.9 mi (46.6 km) from Wellington Waterfront
Things to see and do in and around Wellington Waterfront
What to see in Wellington Waterfront
- TSB Bank Arena
- Tākina Wellington Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Wellington Central Business District
- Queen's Wharf Event Centre
- Frank Kitts Park
Things to do in Wellington Waterfront
- Te Papa
- Museum of Wellington City and Sea
- Circa Theatre
- New Zealand Portrait Gallery
- Academy Galleries
When is the best time to visit Wellington?
- Hottest months: February, January, March, December (average 17°C)
- Coldest months: July, August, September, June (average 11°C)
- Rainiest months: June, July, August, December (average 96 mm of rainfall)