What's Riverside like?
If you want to find the perfect part of the city to explore, why not consider Riverside? Take time to see places such as Mariner's Museum and Ferguson Center for the Arts while you're here. Hampton Roads Convention Center and Hampton Coliseum are a couple of popular sights nearby.
How to get to Riverside
Riverside is located 2.7 mi (4.3 km) from the heart of Newport News.
- Norfolk, VA (ORF-Norfolk Intl.), 19.2 mi (30.8 km) from Riverside
- Newport News, VA (PHF-Newport News - Williamsburg Intl.), 5.5 mi (8.9 km) from Riverside
Things to see and do in and around Riverside
Things to see near Riverside:
- Christopher Newport University (0.7 mi/1.1 km away)
- Huntington Park (3.3 mi/5.2 km away)
- Huntington Beach (3.3 mi/5.4 km away)
- Sandy Bottom Nature Park (3.6 mi/5.7 km away)
- John B. Todd Stadium (1.6 mi/2.5 km away)
Things to do in Riverside
- Mariner's Museum
- Ferguson Center for the Arts
- Peninsula Fine Arts Center
When is the best time to visit Newport News?
- Hottest months: July, June, August, September (average 25°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, December, March (average 7°C)
- Rainiest months: August, September, July, June (average 119 mm of rainfall)