What's Garden District like?
In Garden District, you can spend time visiting the gardens or simply enjoy the restaurants. Take in some culture at New Orleans Fire Museum Fire Station and New Orleans Fire Department Museum and Educational Center. There's plenty more to see, including Lafayette Cemetery and Magazine Street.
How to get to Garden District
Garden District is located 1.8 mi (2.9 km) from the heart of New Orleans.
- New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 11.1 mi (17.8 km) from Garden District
Things to see and do in and around Garden District
What to see in Garden District
- Lafayette Cemetery
- Magazine Street
- George Washington Cable House
- Lafayette No. 1
Things to do in Garden District
- New Orleans Fire Museum Fire Station
- Rink Shopping Center
- New Orleans Fire Department Museum and Educational Center
When is the best time to visit New Orleans?
- Hottest months: July, August, June, September (average 28°C)
- Coldest months: January, December, February, November (average 14°C)
- Rainiest months: June, July, August, May (average 175 mm of rainfall)