What's Stanford like?
If you're in search of the perfect area to explore, why not consider Stanford? Plan a fun excursion to Stanford Stadium and Stanford Maples Pavillion. There's plenty more to see, including Hoover Tower and Rodin Sculpture Garden.
How to get to Stanford
Stanford is located 1.7 mi (2.8 km) from the heart of Palo Alto.
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO), 18 mi (28.9 km) from Stanford
- San Jose, CA (SJC-Norman Y. Mineta San Jose Intl.), 13.5 mi (21.8 km) from Stanford
- Oakland, CA (OAK-Oakland Intl.), 20.1 mi (32.3 km) from Stanford
Things to see and do in and around Stanford
What to see in Stanford
- Stanford University
- Stanford Stadium
- Hoover Tower
- Rodin Sculpture Garden
- Stanford Memorial Church
Things to do in Stanford
- Bing Concert Hall
- Cantor Arts Center
When is the best time to visit Palo Alto?
- Hottest months: August, September, July, June (average 19°C)
- Coldest months: December, January, February, November (average 10°C)
- Rainiest months: February, January, December, March (average 74 mm of rainfall)