What's Gastown like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about Gastown, especially its shops and Chinatown. Enjoy this walkable neighbourhood's art scene and selection of restaurants. Learn about local heritage at landmarks such as Hotel Europe and Gaoler's Mews. There's plenty more to see, including Gastown Steam Clock and Main Street.
How to get to Gastown
Gastown is located 0.7 mi (1.1 km) from the heart of Vancouver.
- Vancouver International Airport (YVR), 6.9 mi (11.2 km) from Gastown
- Vancouver, BC (CXH-Vancouver Harbour Seaplane Base), 0.7 mi (1.1 km) from Gastown
- Pitt Meadows, BC (YPK), 18.9 mi (30.5 km) from Gastown
Things to see and do in and around Gastown
What to see in Gastown
- Gastown Steam Clock
- Hotel Europe
- Gassy Jack Statue
- Gaoler's Mews
- Maple Tree Square
Things to do near Gastown:
- Main Street (2.4 mi/3.9 km away)
- Robson Street (0.8 mi/1.3 km away)
- Queen Elizabeth Theatre (0.3 mi/0.5 km away)
- Rickshaw Theatre (0.4 mi/0.6 km away)
- Pacific Centre Shopping Mall (0.5 mi/0.8 km away)
Other popular Gastown attractions
- Flack Block
- Dominion Building