What's Haymarket like?
Visitors really like Haymarket, especially its Chinatown, waterfront and shops. Enjoy this family-friendly neighbourhood's theatre scene and selection of cafes. Take in some culture at Capitol Theatre and Chinatown Night Market. There's plenty more to see, including Paddy's Market and Market City.
How to get to Haymarket
Haymarket is located 0.9 mi (1.5 km) from the heart of Sydney.
- Sydney Airport (SYD), 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from Haymarket
Getting to Haymarket on the metro
Stations in the neighbourhood include:
- Capitol Square Light Rail Station
- Central Light Rail Station
- Paddy's Markets Light Rail Station
Things to see and do in and around Haymarket
What to see in Haymarket
- University of Technology Sydney
- Castlereagh Street
Things to do in Haymarket
- Paddy's Market
- Market City
- Capitol Theatre
- Chinatown Night Market
- Darling Square
When is the best time to visit Sydney?