What's Merewether like?
In Merewether, you can easily get to the beach or simply visit the bars. You'll find a selection of restaurants in the neighbourhood. While you're here, you can spend a relaxing day at Dixon Park Beach and Glenrock State Conervation. There's plenty more to see, including Merewether Beach and Merewether Ocean Baths.
How to get to Merewether
Merewether is located 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from the heart of Newcastle.
- Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown), 10.8 mi (17.4 km) from Merewether
Things to see and do in and around Merewether
What to see in Merewether
- Merewether Beach
- Dixon Park Beach
- Glenrock State Conervation
- Burwood Beach
Things to do near Merewether:
- Merewether Ocean Baths (0.6 mi/1 km away)
- Newcastle Civic Theater (1.6 mi/2.5 km away)
- Newcastle Showground (1.8 mi/2.8 km away)
- Westfield Kotara (2.4 mi/3.9 km away)
- Charlestown Square (3.7 mi/6 km away)
When is the best time to visit Newcastle?
- Hottest months: January, February, December, March (average 22°C)
- Coldest months: July, August, June, September (average 14°C)
- Rainiest months: February, November, January, March (average 89 mm of rainfall)