What's South Dunedin like?
If you want to find the perfect part of town to visit, consider South Dunedin. Nature lovers can visit Dunedin Botanic Garden and Otago Peninsula. There's plenty more to see, including Edgar Centre and St. Clair Beach.
How to get to South Dunedin
South Dunedin is located 1.5 mi (2.4 km) from the heart of Dunedin.
- Dunedin (DUD-Dunedin Intl.), 14.6 mi (23.5 km) from South Dunedin
Things to see and do in and around South Dunedin
What to see in South Dunedin
- Edgar Centre
- St. Clair Beach
- University of Otago
- Dunedin Botanic Garden
- Otago Peninsula
Things to do near South Dunedin:
- Grand Casino (1.3 mi/2 km away)
- Otago Museum (2.2 mi/3.5 km away)
- Toitu Otago Settlers Museum (1.4 mi/2.2 km away)
- Dunedin Railways (1.5 mi/2.4 km away)
- Regent Theatre (1.5 mi/2.4 km away)
Other popular South Dunedin attractions
- Brighton Beach
- Purakaunui Inlet
- Long Beach
- Warrington Beach
- Tomahak Beach