What's Central City like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about Central City, especially its restaurants and historical sites. Enjoy the neighbourhood's live music and bars. Take time to see places such as Keller Square and A.L. Davis Park while you're here. Mercedes-Benz Superdome and Canal Street are a couple of popular sights nearby.
How to get to Central City
Central City is located 1.2 mi (1.9 km) from the heart of New Orleans.
- New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 10.6 mi (17.1 km) from Central City
Things to see and do in and around Central City
What to see in Central City
- Keller Square
- A.L. Davis Park
Things to do near Central City:
- Canal Street (1.4 mi/2.2 km away)
- National World War II Museum (1.1 mi/1.8 km away)
- Harrah's New Orleans Casino (1.4 mi/2.3 km away)
- Saenger Theatre (1.3 mi/2.1 km away)
- Audubon Insectarium (1.5 mi/2.4 km away)
When is the best time to visit New Orleans?
- Hottest months: July, August, June, September (average 28°C)
- Coldest months: January, December, February, November (average 14°C)
- Rainiest months: June, July, August, May (average 175 mm of rainfall)