What's Bywater like?
In Bywater, you can spend time exploring the live music, bars and historical sites. You'll find a selection of restaurants in the neighbourhood. Take time to see places such as Decatur Street and Mississippi River while you're here. Popular sights worth seeing in the larger area include Bourbon Street and Canal Street.
How to get to Bywater
Bywater is located 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the heart of New Orleans.
- New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 13.4 mi (21.5 km) from Bywater
Things to see and do in and around Bywater
What to see in Bywater
- Decatur Street
- Mississippi River
- Crescent Park
Things to do near Bywater:
- Canal Street (2.3 mi/3.6 km away)
- Harrah's New Orleans Casino (2.1 mi/3.4 km away)
- National World War II Museum (2.6 mi/4.2 km away)
- Royal Street (1.6 mi/2.5 km away)
- French Market (1.7 mi/2.7 km away)
When is the best time to visit New Orleans?
- Hottest months: July, August, June, September (average 28°C)
- Coldest months: January, December, February, November (average 14°C)
- Rainiest months: June, July, August, May (average 175 mm of rainfall)