What's South Melbourne like?
If you want to find the perfect area to explore, consider South Melbourne. Take time to see places such as South Melbourne Market and St Kilda Road while you're here. Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex is one not-to-be-missed sight nearby.
How to get to South Melbourne
South Melbourne is located 1.4 mi (2.2 km) from the heart of Melbourne.
- Melbourne Airport (MEL), 12.9 mi (20.8 km) from South Melbourne
- Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 8.2 mi (13.2 km) from South Melbourne
- Melbourne, VIC (AVV-Avalon), 29.6 mi (47.7 km) from South Melbourne
Things to see and do in and around South Melbourne
Things to see near South Melbourne:
- St Kilda Road (1.1 mi/1.8 km away)
- Melbourne Sports & Aquatic Centre (0.6 mi/0.9 km away)
- Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (0.8 mi/1.2 km away)
- Shrine of Remembrance (0.9 mi/1.4 km away)
- Albert Park Lake (0.9 mi/1.4 km away)
Things to do near South Melbourne:
- South Melbourne Market (0.3 mi/0.4 km away)
- Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex (0.8 mi/1.2 km away)
- Southbank Promenade (0.8 mi/1.4 km away)
- DFO South Wharf (0.9 mi/1.4 km away)
- Sidney Myer Music Bowl (1 mi/1.6 km away)
When is the best time to visit Melbourne?
- Hottest months: February, January, March, December (average 18°C)
- Coldest months: July, June, August, September (average 10°C)
- Rainiest months: June, May, January, February (average 29 mm of rainfall)