What's Surry Hills like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about Surry Hills, especially its restaurants. Make sure that you enjoy this family-friendly neighbourhood's great cafes and shops. Take time to see places such as Crown Street and Brett Whitley Studio while you're here. Popular sights worth seeing in the larger area include Sydney Opera House and Manly Beach.
How to get to Surry Hills
Surry Hills is located 1.3 mi (2 km) from the heart of Sydney.
- Sydney Airport (SYD), 4.4 mi (7 km) from Surry Hills
Things to see and do in and around Surry Hills
Things to see near Surry Hills:
- Sydney Opera House (1.9 mi/3.1 km away)
- Oxford Street (0.8 mi/1.3 km away)
- Hyde Park (0.8 mi/1.4 km away)
- Sydney Town Hall (0.9 mi/1.5 km away)
- International Convention Centre Sydney (1 mi/1.7 km away)
Things to do in Surry Hills
- Crown Street
- Brett Whitley Studio
- Ray Hughes Gallery
When is the best time to visit Sydney?
- Hottest months: January, February, March, December (average 21°C)
- Coldest months: July, June, August, May (average 13°C)
- Rainiest months: April, March, May, June (average 126 mm of rainfall)