What's Ferrymead like?
If you're in search of the perfect area to explore, look no further than Ferrymead. Take time to see places such as Ferrymead Heritage Park and Avon Heathcote Estuary while you're here. There's plenty more to see, including Tamaki Heritage Village.
How to get to Ferrymead
Ferrymead is located 4 mi (6.4 km) from the heart of Christchurch.
- Christchurch International Airport (CHC), 9.7 mi (15.6 km) from Ferrymead
Things to see and do in and around Ferrymead
Things to see near Ferrymead:
- Avon Heathcote Estuary (1.8 mi/2.9 km away)
- New Brighton Beach (2.6 mi/4.2 km away)
- Sumner Beach (2.8 mi/4.5 km away)
- Lyttelton Harbour (3 mi/4.9 km away)
- Margaret Mahy Playground (3.9 mi/6.2 km away)
Things to do in Ferrymead
- Ferrymead Heritage Park
- Tamaki Heritage Village
When is the best time to visit Christchurch?
- Hottest months: January, February, December, March (average 17°C)
- Coldest months: July, August, June, September (average 9°C)
- Rainiest months: June, October, August, April (average 67 mm of rainfall)