What's Poroporo like?
If you want to find the perfect area to explore, consider Poroporo. Nature lovers can visit Ohiwa Harbour and Ohope Beach. There's plenty more to see, including Opotiki Beach and Te Urewera National Park.
How to get to Poroporo
Poroporo is located 3.6 mi (5.8 km) from the heart of Whakatane.
- Whakatane (WHK), 5.3 mi (8.5 km) from Poroporo
Things to see and do in and around Poroporo
What to see in Poroporo
- Ohiwa Harbour
- Ohope Beach
- Opotiki Beach
- Te Urewera National Park
- Otarawairere Bay
Things to do near Poroporo:
- Mataatua: The House That Came Home (4.1 mi/6.5 km away)
- Whakatane Golf Club (4.5 mi/7.3 km away)
- Whakatane Aquatic Centre (2.9 mi/4.7 km away)
- Whakatane District Museum and Gallery (3.6 mi/5.8 km away)
- Whakatane River Walk (4 mi/6.4 km away)
When is the best time to visit Whakatane?
- Hottest months: January, February, December, March (average 17°C)
- Coldest months: July, August, June, September (average 9°C)
- Rainiest months: June, September, May, August (average 162 mm of rainfall)