What's Near East Side like?If you're looking for the perfect part of the city to explore, look no further than Near East Side. Take time to see places such as Alamodome and Historic Sunset Station while you're here. River Walk and Lackland Air Force Base are a couple of popular sights nearby.
How to get to Near East SideNear East Side is located 1.4 mi (2.3 km) from the heart of San Antonio.
- San Antonio International Airport (SAT), 7.6 mi (12.2 km) from Near East Side
Things to see and do in and around Near East Side
What to see in Near East Side
- Historic Sunset Station
Things to do near Near East Side:
- LEGOLAND® Discovery Center (0.9 mi/1.4 km away)
- Shops at Rivercenter (0.9 mi/1.5 km away)
- La Villita (1.1 mi/1.8 km away)
- San Antonio Majestic Theater (1.3 mi/2.1 km away)
- Pearl District (1.7 mi/2.7 km away)
When is the best time to visit San Antonio?
- Hottest months: August, July, September, June (average 28°C)
- Coldest months: January, December, February, November (average 13°C)
- Rainiest months: October, June, May, September (average 87 mm of rainfall)