What's Shiel Hill like?
If you want to find the perfect part of the city to explore, why not visit Shiel Hill? Nature lovers can visit Dunedin Botanic Garden and Otago Peninsula. There's plenty more to see, including St. Clair Beach and Brighton Beach.
How to get to Shiel Hill
Shiel Hill is located 2 mi (3.3 km) from the heart of Dunedin.
- Dunedin (DUD-Dunedin Intl.), 16.6 mi (26.8 km) from Shiel Hill
Things to see and do in and around Shiel Hill
What to see in Shiel Hill
- University of Otago
- St. Clair Beach
- Dunedin Botanic Garden
- Otago Peninsula
- Brighton Beach
Things to do near Shiel Hill:
- Grand Casino (2 mi/3.3 km away)
- Otago Museum (2.1 mi/3.4 km away)
- Dunedin Chinese Garden (1.9 mi/3 km away)
- Toitu Otago Settlers Museum (1.9 mi/3 km away)
- Regent Theatre (2 mi/3.2 km away)
Other popular Shiel Hill attractions
- Boulder Beach
- Tunnel Beach
- Purakaunui Inlet
- Warrington Beach
- Tomahak Beach