What's Midtown East like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about Midtown East, especially its shops and architecture. Enjoy this scenic neighbourhood's entertainment choices and selection of restaurants. Learn about local heritage at top landmarks such as Grand Central Terminal. Other popular sights worth a visit include 5th Avenue.
How to get to Midtown East
Midtown East is located 3.7 mi (5.9 km) from the heart of New York.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), 12.8 mi (20.5 km) from Midtown East
- Newark, NJ (EWR-Liberty Intl.), 11.7 mi (18.9 km) from Midtown East
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA), 5.4 mi (8.6 km) from Midtown East
Getting to Midtown East on the metro
Stations in the neighbourhood include:
- 51 St. Station
- Lexington Av.-53 St. Station
- 59 St. Station (Lexington Av.)
Things to see and do in and around Midtown East
What to see in Midtown East
- Grand Central Terminal
- St. Patrick's Cathedral
- MetLife Building
- Beekman Tower
- One Vanderbilt
Things to do in Midtown East
- 5th Avenue
- Tiffany & Co.
- Madison Avenue
- The Morgan Library and Museum
- Pace Wildenstein - 57th St
Other popular Midtown East attractions
- Chrysler Building
- Sutton Place Park
- Seagram Building
- Saint Peter's Church
- Central Synagogue