What's Shirley like?
If you're in search of the perfect part of the city to explore, why not consider Shirley? Take time to see places such as Christchurch Golf Club and The Palms while you're here. Wilding Park Tennis Center and Bealey Avenue are two places to visit nearby.
How to get to Shirley
Shirley is located 2.6 mi (4.2 km) from the heart of Christchurch.
- Christchurch International Airport (CHC), 6.3 mi (10.1 km) from Shirley
Things to see and do in and around Shirley
Things to see near Shirley:
- Barbadoes Street Cemetry (1.9 mi/3.1 km away)
- Margaret Mahy Playground (2.3 mi/3.7 km away)
- Saint Andrew's College (2.5 mi/4 km away)
- Te Pae Christchurch Convention and Exhibition Centre (2.5 mi/4.1 km away)
- Transitional Cathedral (2.5 mi/4.1 km away)
Things to do in Shirley
- Christchurch Golf Club
- The Palms
When is the best time to visit Christchurch?
- Hottest months: January, February, December, November (average 15°C)
- Coldest months: July, June, August, May (average 7°C)
- Rainiest months: June, October, November, December (average 89 mm of rainfall)