What's Takapuna like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about Takapuna, especially its restaurants and beach access. You can take time to discover this family-friendly neighbourhood's shops and spas. With a trip to Smales Farm or Takapuna Markets, you might find the perfect souvenir. There's plenty more to see, including Bruce Mason Centre and Takapuna Beach.
How to get to Takapuna
Takapuna is located 4.2 mi (6.8 km) from the heart of Auckland.
- Auckland (AKL-Auckland Intl.), 15.1 mi (24.3 km) from Takapuna
Things to see and do in and around Takapuna
What to see in Takapuna
- Takapuna Beach
- Smales Farm
- Lake Pupuke
- Milford Beach
Things to do in Takapuna
- Bruce Mason Centre
- Takapuna Markets
- Shore City Shopping Centre
When is the best time to visit Auckland?
- Hottest months: January, February, March, December (average 18°C)
- Coldest months: July, August, June, September (average 11°C)
- Rainiest months: July, June, May, August (average 131 mm of rainfall)